Friday, September 9, 2011

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock

When I turned thirty-five few years ago, my face started to show signs of aging.  I noticed a small dark spot on my left cheek and it started to grow wider and darker.  I thought it would just fade away but it didn't so I went to a dermatologist and have it checked.

The doctor said that dark spots or hyperpigmentation are common skin problems that usually appear at middle age.  A lot of factors contribute to this problem but the common one is too much exposure to sun.

When I was younger I was exposed to so much sun because of a lot of outdoor activities ... mountaineering, hiking, swimming ... there's just a lot of fun things to do under the sun but my big mistake was, I never use sunblock in any of these outdoor activities.  Once you are young you won't feel the ill effects of too much exposure to the sun until you reach that middle age.

The doctor gave me several choices to get rid of my dark spots and she also advised me to use a sunblock to protect my face from further damage caused by the sun.  She prescribed Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer has a SPF of 50 (the doctor recommends a minimum of SPF 30) and protects the skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays which damages the skin.  Most sunblock offers protection only for UVA rays but the doctor said that the sunblock should protect both the UVA and UVB rays.

From then on, I used Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock and I'm happy that my dark spot did not widen anymore.  I apply it everyday after I clean my face in the morning even if I'll just stay at home. It is so light that there's no greasy feeling and no shiny finish.  I just love using this product.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Sunblock is a little expensive at 500 plus pesos for an 88 ml tube but it's worth it.  If we want to delay the signs of aging, we should take good care of our skin and better start while we are young.

No comments: