Monday, August 29, 2011

La Grotta Cucina Italiana

La Grotta  Cucina Italiana is located at the ground floor of ETNA Bldg. along V.A. Rufino St., Legaspi Village in Makati City.

The entrance to this restaurant is so small that you can pass along Rufino St., without noticing them.

Hubby learned about this restaurant when one of their clients invited him here.  It is near their office and he loved the pasta that he ordered so he wanted me to try it too.

We went to this restaurant around 11:30 in the morning, just after their 11:00 o'clock opening.  There were no customers yet, it seemed that we were the first ones.  The place is cozy with dimmed lights and Italian music on the background.

Marinara Rosso Pasta, 370.00 pesos per order


As expected, hubby ordered his favorite Marinara Rosso which is a tomato based pasta with seafood and I ordered Gamberetti, an olive oil based pasta with shrimp and herbs.  I also ordered fresh vegetable salad to complete our meal. 

I loved all the pasta we had ordered, the pasta is firm and the sauce is great.  I'm a little disappointed with their fresh vegetable salad because some of the lettuce are not that fresh.  I love my vegetables to be fresh and crispy so when I make it at home, I really check the vegetables one by one so whenever I eat out and order fresh vegetable salad I expect them to serve it fresh.

The price is a little expensive but since their service is good and their place is relaxing, we will still visit them every now and then to try the other pasta they serve.



Gamberetti, 340.00 pesos per order


No comments: